GRUNDIG Satellit 3000 Digital
FM,LW,MW,18 x SW
Now features built-in SSB, 3-position bandwith filters, digital frequency readout, automatic gain contol, noise filter,etc. This is the largest and heaviest Satellit.
Five FM-presets, and "clip-on" antenna terminals accessible on the top/back.
Three large horizontal tuning scales on the front.
Front middle control console
The bottom control console is a new feature with this radio.
The front middle controls explained in detail (below):
1. Switch for AFC (Automatic Frequency Control).This is a "lock-on" function to ensure stronger FM-reception
2. Tuning/S-meter & Battery/Accumulator strength indicator.
3. Switch for Accumulator or Battery-control
4. Antenna-trimmer for the "External Antenna" or "Car-antenna" connections. For SW-bands only.
5. 24-hour quartz LCD clock (can be detached from radio for use on its own)
6. AM bandwith filters (3-step)
7. SW (Drum-tuner) Band-Spread switch
8. Digital Frequency Display for all bands (7-segment red light diodes)
9. On/Off switch.
10. Switch for temporary lighted tuning scales (by battery-operation).
11. Switch for de-selection of high-tone/treble speaker element.
12. Switch for de-selection of the frequency-display.
©2005 by Knut Otterbeck, Oslo, Norway